Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Letter to the Editor

A received a letter this morning from someone who'd dug up an old piece I'd written on the effects that school nutrition had on children. This school was later featured in the film, Supersize Me. In essence, a alternative school (kids that had been kicked out of regular school due to bad behavior) hired and natural food company to provide their nutrition program, as well as banning all candy and soda. What happened was nothing short of astonishing, as the schools trunacies fell to zero, their graduation rate shot to 100%, and fights on campus completely ceased. When I read about this school it was still new. When I wrote my article they'd been going over five years and the results were even more conclusive.

Anyway, when I don't have much to say, I think I'll post old relevant articles in this blog. It's also rallied me to call the school and see how things are going now.

This week, I'm off to a nutrition/supplement conference and the Natural Products Expo, so I'll be back at'chya next week.

Cheerio,

Steve

ps - I hope someone out there won some money on Northwestern State!

No comments: